Philosophy of Medical Corporation Okinawa Tokushukai
We are committed to our philosophy and policy as below, and aim to provide an environment
where anyone can receive safe and best medical care at any time.
- We offer emergency medical sercice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We do not accept unofficial payment, gifts or any gratuities from our patients or visitors.
- We are constantly seeking ways to improve our skills and services.
Hospital Wide Indicator
- You have the right to receive equal, safe and quality medical care fairly.
- You have the right to receive sufficient explanations and informations till you are understood by easily understandable laungage or method for your health condition or treatment method.
- You have the right to choose and decide by yourself for your course of treatment provided from your doctor.
- Patient's privacy is protected and respected at all the time, and have the right to seek consideration.
- You or your family have the right to receive a second opinion (diagnosis by other doctors) about your diagnosis and treatment method.
- You have the right to request your medical records disclosure and obtain sufficient information about your own health condition.
- You and your family have the right to be provided a safe environment in the hospital.
- If the patient is a minor or who is under legal disability, a leagal representative (a legally authorized representative) has the right.
- Informed consent of patient who is unconscious or can not express their own intention seek to legal representatives. When medical treatment is urgently needed at the time of absence of a legal representative, we will perform a life saving and consider your consent has been made unless you make clearly your intention of refusing medical procedure.
- You have the right to receive humanitarian terminal care and all possible support for death while maintaining dignity and stability as much as possible.
- You have the right to receive and refuse psychological and ethical comfort (including the support of priest/clergyman of you chosen religion).
- You have the right to request relieve your pain.
- You can expect to choose your medical information service for your illness, and have the right to receive health education by obtaining infromations of lifestyle, disease protection or early detection.
- You have the right to communication that you can understand. We will provide foreign language interpretation service as needed at no cost.
- Responsibilities to provide complete and accurate information.
- You have the responsibilities to provide complete and accurate information about your chief complaint, current medical history, past medical history, history of hospitalization, history of surgery, medications, pain, allergic and any other matters that pertain to your health.
- Responsibilities to comply with the order regarding your treatment
- You have the responsibilities to comply with treatment plans that you have agreed base on the explanation from medical practitioner for an effective treatment.
- Responsibilities to consider and respect other patients
- You have the responsibilities to respect other patient's privacy or personal information and rights. In addition, you have the responsibilities to follow hospital rules for not to disturb other patients also.
- Responsibilities to avoid being a nuisance or disturbance behaviour
- We may take a legal measures if you acted antisocial behavior such as disturb, verbal abuse or sexual harassment to other patients, visitors or hospital staffs.
- Responsibilities to pay your bill
- You have the responsibilities to pay your bill on the day or by designated date for charged medical expense based on you have received medical care.